- Teams: NBA is composed of 30 teams, divided between the Eastern and Western Conferences. Notable teams include the Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls, Golden State Warriors, and Miami Heat, among others.
- Season Structure: The NBA season typically starts in October and ends in April, followed by the playoffs which usually start in mid-April and end in June. The regular season involves each team playing 82 games, while the playoffs are a series of best-of-seven elimination rounds to decide the champions of the NBA.
- Players: The NBA has been home to some of the greatest basketball players in history, including Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Shaquille O’Neal. In more recent years, players like LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, and Giannis Antetokounmpo have become household names.
- International Influence: The NBA is known for its international appeal. Many players from around the globe have starred in the NBA, such as Dirk Nowitzki (Germany), Manu Ginobili (Argentina), Yao Ming (China), Pau Gasol (Spain), and Giannis Antetokounmpo (Greece).
- NBA Draft: The NBA Draft is an annual event where teams select eligible players to join the league. This is typically a major source of incoming talent for the NBA. Players usually come from college basketball, international leagues, and high school.
- Commissioner: The NBA is governed by a commissioner. As of 2021, the commissioner is Adam Silver, who took over from David Stern in 2014.
- Community Involvement: The NBA has a significant presence in community outreach and social issues, with various initiatives involving education, health and wellness, and social justice.
- NBA and Technology: The NBA has also been innovative in terms of embracing technology and new ways of broadcasting games. They have embraced streaming platforms and regularly use advanced statistics to analyze games.
Score NBA tickets here and get ready for game day.